Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for South Atlantic Premier League and support youth in your area.
All teams must be registered with the South Atlantic Premier League and have their US Club Soccer passes and their official US Club Soccer team roster. All information must be current. All players must be on the single printed US Club official roster; US Club pass players from within a SAPL club may be handwritten onto the game day roster. US Club passes, all from the same club, must be used for all South Atlantic Premier League play. No coach or player may participate if his or her pass is not provided to the referee.
The master roster size for US Club teams is 26. Master rosters are not frozen and may include any valid US Club carded player within the Club. Players can only play in 1 game per day.
Guest players, defined as players from an outside club, are NOT permitted in the South Atlantic Premier League league play.
Eligibility is open to all youth irrespective of race, nationality, color or religious affiliation or non-affiliation. The league is limited to youth players.
Players must be registered with US Club. Players are bound to play on only one Club in the league. Players are permitted to play on any age-appropriate team, from within their own Club.
Eligibility to coach is open to all adults irrespective of race, nationality, color or religious affiliation or non-affiliation. Clubs are responsible for selecting coaches. The Clubs’ coaches must adhere to the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by the league. The league is not responsible for the selection process or for providing coaches to the Clubs.
Minimum Age of a Coach
An individual must have attained the minimum age of 18 years old in order to coach up to U14 and 21 years old in order to coach up to U18, prior to being issued a US Club pass.
Coach Presence at Games
The Club must have a coach or administrator from within the same club, at all scheduled matches in which the team participates. The coach or administrator must be in possession of a valid US Club coaching pass, from the club as the team. A Coach must be present throughout the entire match or the match will be terminated and forfeited to the opponent, 4-0. A maximum of five (5) coaches are permitted on the team’s sideline per match.
Multiple Coaching Passes
Coaches may have a US Club pass for each team in which they coach. Coaches may only coach for a team affiliated with the same Club and USSF entity, and the pass they use must be present at the scheduled match.
RULES OF PLAY
All US Club sanctioned competitions must be played in accordance with the most current FIFA laws of the Game and the modifications noted within these rules unless specifically accepted by authorization of the South Atlantic Premier League Board. It is the responsibility of all coaches and referees to be thoroughly familiar with and abide by the FIFA laws and these modifications.
SAPL Rule Modifications and Substitution Recommendations:
U13 - U19 Substitution Rules
Host Club must provide at least 3 balls for each game, with a minimum of 1 ball placed behind each goal.
Duration of the Game
Age Group / Duration of the Game
· U12/U13: 35 minute halves (10 minute halftime period)
· U14, U15 & U16: 40 minute halves (10 minute halftime period)
· U17 & U18/U19: 45 minute halves (15 minute halftime period)
· Referees should provide appropriate stoppage time in every game.
U17 & U18/U19 Fees: $80 to referee and $50 to each assistant referee
U14, U15, & U16: $70 to referee and $40 to each assistant referee
U13: $60 to referee and $40 to each assistant referee.
Games will be scored as follows:
If total points are tied at the end of the season, placements will be determined by the following tie breakers:
In the event of severe weather conditions, players will be permitted to wear a sweat suit or similar trousers and stockings, or other type of clothing under their team uniform. Sweat pants must have no metallic buckle, snaps, buttons or other items that the referee considers dangerous to any player.
The Goalkeeper is permitted to wear a tracksuit or similar trousers and stockings or other type of clothing in all League sanctioned activities. The Goalkeeper is also permitted to wear a vinyl foam soft soccer helmet.
Coaching from the sidelines
Coaching from the sidelines is permitted, so long as one is giving direction to one’s own team on points of strategy, tactics and position provided that the following conditions are complied with:
Substitutions with the consent of the Referee at any stoppage in play:
The referee will return all player cards at halftime to both teams for the second half.
Bad Weather and/or Poor Field Conditions
Game Terminated by the Referee: Should the match be terminated by the Referee prior to the time specified in the rules, for reasons of bad weather, poor field conditions, or darkness, the entire game must be replayed. (FIFA Law VII).
a) Player Verification
b) Referee Reports
1. Submit Referee Reports The Referee shall submit email a Referee Report for each match officiated, within forty-eight (48) hours (Holidays excluded) after the completion of the match.
2. Supplementary Referee Report The Referee shall submit email a Supplementary Referee Report for each player and/or Coach ejected from the match, to the League within forty-eight (48) hours (Holidays excluded) after the completion of the match. The Referee will not retain the pass of the ejected player or Coach.
3. Email a copy of the Game Report to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following as the subject line:
1. Yellow Card - Cautioned A Yellow Card is displayed by the Referee to indicate that a Player or Coach is being cautioned for violating FIFA, Laws of the Game.
2. Two (2) Cautions If a Player or Coach receives two (2) cautions during one match, the Player or Coach will be ejected from the match, and a suspension is in effect.
3. Three (3) Cautions If a Player or Coach receives three (3) cautions during a season, a suspension is in effect.
4. Disciplinary Committee The Disciplinary Committee, at its discretion, will determine the length of the suspension and any other punishments, fines, and/or assessments.
1. Red Card - Ejection A Red Card is displayed by the Referee to indicate that a Player or Coach is ejected from the match, and a suspension is in effect.
2. Disciplinary Committee The Disciplinary Committee, at its discretion, will determine the length of the suspension and any other punishments, fines and/or assessments.
3. Appear Before Disciplinary Committee A player or Coach who receives a red card or the equivalent, will, at the discretion of the Disciplinary Committee, be summoned to appear at a hearing. Should the player or Coach fail to appear, he/she will be suspended until such appearance is made. The Disciplinary Committee, at its discretion, will determine the length of suspension and/or any other punishments, fines, or assessments. The club will be assessed a minimum of $50.00 each time a coach (Coach) is issued a red card, unless waived by the Disciplinary Committee. Should a player be summoned to appear, the Coach or Club representative from his/her designated team must accompany him/her. Any player under age 18 called before the committee will be required to make sure a parent or legal guardian be present.
4. Suspended from Consecutive Competition A player or Coach shall be suspended from consecutive competition in the league.
5. Team Refuses to Continue If a team refuses to continue to play after being so instructed by the Referee, the team will forfeit the game, 4-0.
6. Reports Will Be Reviewed By The Disciplinary Committee The Referee Report and the Supplementary Referee Report shall be reviewed by the League’s Disciplinary Committee, who shall determine the punishment, fine, and/or assessment. The Disciplinary Committee shall notify the parties involved, in writing, of the decision.
Entry onto Field of Play
No Club official, Club member, team manager, player, or spectator may enter the field of play regardless of the circumstances, unless the Referee has given them permission. If this is disregarded, they shall become subject to disciplinary action by the Disciplinary Committee.
Accidents or Unusual Incidents
The Referee must report any accident or unusual incident to the league.